Tutorials

Sunday 25 September 2011

What to do with all these apples!

I have been tackling the enormous stack of windfall apples that seem to be taking over the garden - we inherited a tree, that was absolutely covered in blossom when we moved in here in April, and now it's living up to its promise.


So far we have 4 jars of Spiced apple chutney, apple wine, and speedy apple cider on the go.  In the freezer I have rather a lot of apple pie/apple crumble filling, and me and the Cs have been munching our favourite apple crumble with ice cream a lot.  I need to keep my camera with me so I can capture these things....


I still have around 100 apples waiting, and lots more still on the tree, so if anyone has any ideas of what else I should make, please let me know.


Other progress, I have a bottle of raspberry vodka steeping, and planning to make limoncello today, all for christmas gifts.

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a lot of apples! Did you get through them all? What else did you find to use them for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanks Claire, I made a HUGE amount of apple chutney, which is extremely tasty, I'm really hoping we get a good crop this year, although there is no sign of blossom on the apple tree yet

      Delete